If you’re a parent who is seeking to modify a child custody order that has been in place for less than a year, you may be wondering what you need to do in order to make that happen.

If you are trying to change who the primary conservator is, you will need to show that the child’s present environment endangers their physical or mental health. This can be a high burden to meet, as courts are generally hesitant to disrupt a child’s stability by changing the primary conservator. However, if you can provide evidence that the child is in danger if they remain in their current living situation, the court may be willing to make a change.

On the other hand, if you are simply seeking to modify the visitation schedule, You will not be able to do that if it has been less than a year since the original order.

It’s important to keep in mind that the court’s primary concern in any child custody case is the best interests of the child. If you can demonstrate that a modification to the current custody order is in the child’s best interests, you may be able to successfully make the change you are seeking.

If you have any specific questions about modifying a child custody order in Texas, don’t hesitate to reach out to The Blacknall Firm. Our team of experienced attorneys is here to help you navigate the legal process and advocate for your rights as a parent.