If one parent is consistently late getting the children to school during their custodial time, it can be frustrating and stressful for the other parent. It’s important to remember that the court order is in place for a reason and should be followed by both parties. However, if this is a persistent issue, the parent who is concerned about the late arrivals may be able to seek a modification of the court order.

To modify the court order, the concerned parent will need to file a motion with the court. In the motion, they can request that the custodial schedule be modified to ensure that the children are arriving to school on time. For example, the parent may request that the children be in their custody during the school week and with the other parent on weekends.

It’s important to keep in mind that the court will consider the best interests of the children when deciding whether to grant the modification. Therefore, it’s important to have a clear and reasonable plan in place for how the children will get to school on time during the modified custodial schedule.

If you are in a similar situation and are considering seeking a modification of your court order, it’s a good idea to consult with an experienced family law attorney. An attorney can help you understand the process and advise you on the best course of action for your specific situation.