As a Dallas divorce and child custody lawyer, I often receive questions about what to do when the non-custodial parent does not return a child at the end of their visitation time. This can be a difficult and stressful situation, but there are steps you can take to address the issue.

One option is to hire a family lawyer to file a writ of habeas corpus or a writ of attachment. A writ of habeas corpus tells the court which parent has the superior right to possession of the child, while a writ of attachment allows law enforcement to pick up the child from the other parent.

In addition to these legal remedies, you may also want to consider filing a modification request that the other parent be given supervised visitation. This can help ensure that they do not continue to not return the child at the end of their visitation time.

If you are facing this situation, it is important to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. A qualified family lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and protect your rights and the best interests of your child. If you have any questions or need help, do not hesitate to reach out to our team at The Blacknall Firm.