If the other parent is not following the child custody or visitation order, the first step is to document the violation. You can file a motion to enforce with the court. If a court hearing is held, the judge will consider evidence from both sides and make a decision on whether to enforce the order. In serious cases, the judge may impose penalties such as fines or jail time, or modify the custody or visitation order. It is important to seek the advice of a qualified family lawyer to help you navigate the legal process and protect your rights.